"Please be a traveler, not a tourist. Try new things, meet new people, and look beyond what's right in front of you. Those are the keys to understanding this amazing world we live in." - Andrew Zimmern
Italy has always been the number one dream travel destination on my bucket list. As a kid, I would search through my grandparents photo albums of their travels throughout the country. I dreamt about throwing euros in the Trevi Fountain and walking the narrow streets with a gelato in hand.
This summer I was lucky enough to see this beautiful country with my own two eyes.
Highlights of Florence:
* The Accademia Gallery - I loved visiting this gallery and seeing the authentic works of Michelangelo. The detail of the Statue of David was exquisite and a must see.
* The Duomo - The cathedral itself is a work of art! As you stroll through the streets of Florence be sure to take the time to appreciate the architecture. The Duomo is a great spot for photos and guided tours are available.
* Uffizi Gallery - This Gallery is truly remarkable and a must see for any art lover. As you walk from room to room you are exposed to an incredible variety of artists, even some of Leonardo da Vinci's work.
Overall: Florence is filled with fashion and art. It is a very attainable city, not too crowded and overwhelming, but filled with culture.
Highlights of Rome:
* The Colosseum - A tour through the Colosseum feels like you are being transferred back in time to a gladiator battle.
* Trevi Fountain - If you were a Lizzie McQuire fan like I was then the Trevi Fountain will leave you searching the streets for Paolo and his vespa. Visiting the Fountain at night while it is lit is a very magical and unforgettable experience. However, it will be crowded so get ready to throw some elbows (only kinda kidding) so that you can get a prime euro throwing/photo spot.
* Vatican City/ St. Peter's Basilica - The Vatican is filled with art, history, religion and immaculate structures. It truly took my breath away.
Overall: Rome is just like all your daydreams. It gives you the perfect taste of Italian culture and history. The streets are filled with mouth watering food and tons of shopping opportunities as well.
Check back for more of my Italy Fashion Diaries!!!